We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Aphids - highly prolific and malignant insectwhich can seriously damage the planting of most cultivated plants.
In the fight against it, all methods and methods are good. Folk remedies are no exception. They are completely harmless, cheap and affordable.
In this article, we have posted introductory descriptions most popular substances.
Detailed recipes and methods of use can be found in the article "The best folk remedies for aphids part 1 and part 2".
How to get rid of aphids with folk remedies, many gardeners ask this question. Cheap funds that every family has in stock, can be used to kill various types of aphids.
- Iodine - alcohol solution at a concentration of 5%.
- Potassium permanganate.
- Ammonia (ammonia solution).
Any of these means very effectively destroys insects, it is enough to dilute it in water and spray the affected plants abundantly.
The low consumption of the drug and the penny cost allow any gardener to use the drugs, even for processing a large area without serious economic damage.
Next, read about how to defeat aphids with folk remedies, as well as destruction, disposal, recipes and aphid solution.
Another group of effective substances that we constantly use without thinking about their properties. And some folk ways and means can destroy pests or scare them away from beneficial plants.
So why not use these qualities to save the harvest?
The following products are suitable for this:
- Coca Cola - preferably of American origin. Only it contains the necessary aggressive substancesthat are not to the liking of pests. Some scientists suggest that phosphoric acid works, of which the drink contains a very solid amount. It does not need to be diluted, just put a spray bottle on the bottle and spray the affected bushes.
- Mustard... Firstly, it scares away aphids with its smell, and secondly, it spoils the taste of plants. Pests begin to move in search of more attractive food.
- Vinegar... It works as a repellent, since it can kill only in high concentrations, and not only insects, but also plants.
- Any vegetable oil... It envelops insects, interfering with the respiratory process, and in addition, makes it difficult to access food, covering the surfaces of leaves and stems with a film. It is used in the form of a water-oil suspension.
- Cream... They are mixed with essential oils (cedarwood, tea tree, lavender) for maximum potency.
You will find the proportions of dilution and the correct use of the resulting solutions in the article "The best alternative methods for aphids - part 1 and part 2" (see links to articles above).
Many plants are also great helpers in pest control.
Have you noticed that aphids never attack plantings of onions, garlic, tomatoes? She just can't stand their smell.
This property can be perfectly used and use water infusions of these plants to repel aphids from others that are attractive to the pest.
- Cultivated plants: tomatoes, hot peppers, all types of onions, garlic, potato tops.
- Greens: coriander, fennel, mint, basil.
- Flowers: marigolds, lavender, dalmatian chamomile, pharmacy chamomile.
- Weed plants: dandelion, yarrow, celandine, horse sorrel, common dope, henbane.
- Trees: alder, pine.
When using infusions, keep in mind that you need to prepare the product a day or two before use. Fighting aphids with folk remedies will give excellent results. In addition, you should not exceed the proportions accurately and in detail specified in our article "The best folk remedies for aphids part 1 and part 2" (see links to articles above). If you increase your concentration, you can burn the ground parts of plants.
For their preparation use rather aggressive plantsthat have fungicidal, repellent or insecticidal properties.
- spicy pepper;
- rose hip;
You can use the solutions only after they have cooled to a cool temperature, spraying the affected plants and the soil around them.
How to fight?
To destroy large aphid colonies, one treatment is usually not enough. Most often, the procedure is repeated, maintaining a standard interval of about 8-10 days. If, after double treatment, aphids remain in large quantities on the plants, the agent is replaced with a completely different one.
In addition, you can combine different methods. Treatment with folk remedies can be combined with biological methods.planting repellent plants between the beds.
At some distance from possible victims of aphids, many plant flowers that are most preferable for the pest. Then the aphids will strive for thembypassing other landings. Bait plants include petunias, begonias, poppies, kosmeya, nasturtium and mallow.
For those people who do not have the time or opportunity to follow the links of our site, we will give as an example a few recipes... Let's talk about which natural aphid remedy to use.
For inquisitive gardeners, detailed information can be found in the article "The best folk remedies part 1 and part 2".
The recipes for dealing with aphids are as follows.
- Crumble dried tobacco leaves, measure out 200 g and fill with water in the amount of 5 liters. Leave alone for a day, then add another 5 liters of water and boil for 30 minutes. Cool and use.
- Collect Hot Pepper Pods, then pour 100 g of vegetable into 1 liter of water, boil for about an hour in a bowl with the lid closed. Leave alone for a day - two, then grind the pods, and filter the solution. Dilute the concentrate in a bucket of water before processing. Soap (40-50 g) can be added to the mixture.
- Dandelion leaves (400 g) chop, add 200 g of roots, place in a bucket of water and leave alone for 3-5 hours.
- Dig up the roots of the sorrel horse (400 g) and leave for 3 hours in hot water (10 l).
Of course, it is impossible to fit into one article all the possible means invented by the people to get rid of aphids. However, here we have placed the most common and affordable, for which you do not have to run through all the shops. There are also chemical aphids control agents, about them here.