Cauliflower with cheese is a healthy and nutritious dish that can be prepared in several ways, as well as varied by adding various ingredients such as eggs, mushrooms, cream sauce, and so on.
Even children like the dishes made from this vegetables, and the content in it of a huge amount of vitamins and microelements makes it indispensable for the body. Try to cook the presented dishes and they will surely take pride of place on your festive and everyday table.
Benefit and harm
Saturation with vitamins A, B and C, as well as proteins, iron and calcium makes this dish useful for many people. Besides, this type of vegetable contains various acids, including tartron, which has a positive effect on the process of losing weight, preventing fat deposits from accumulating. Thus, cauliflower with cheese can become quite a dietary product with the right choice of low-fat cheese.
With caution, this dish should be included in your diet for people suffering from gout, intestinal diseases, gastritis with high acidity and allergies.
You also need to remember that fatty cheese can be quite heavy, therefore, it is better to choose dietary types.
Energy value on average (exact figures depend on the type of cheese and other components used):
- calorie content - 190 kcal;
- proteins - 6 g;
- fats - 12 g;
- carbohydrates - 13 gr.
Cooking options, recipes with photos
Egg and sour cream pie
A fragrant combination of crispy airy dough and delicious juicy filling that melts in your mouth. The cake is easy and quick to prepare.
- Cauliflower - half a kilo.
- Grated cheese - 150 gr.
- Puff pastry packaging.
- Sour cream - 4-5 tablespoons.
- One egg.
- Oil for greasing a baking sheet or baking dish - olive or butter.
- Salt, pepper and mild spices to taste.
- Boil the cabbage in salted water, if necessary, first dividing it into small inflorescences for convenience. Cooking time is 5-7 minutes. Then cool the vegetable and chop it, dividing it into small parts.
- Put the rolled dough into a baking dish and form the base of the future cake, bending the sides.
- In a plate, mix sour cream with egg, cheese, spices and cabbage. The filling is ready.
- Put the filling in a mold on the dough and send to the oven for half an hour at 180 degrees.
When the dough is browned, the cake is ready, which means that it can be removed from the oven.
You can learn more about the recipe for cauliflower pie here.
We suggest making cauliflower pie with egg and sour cream according to the video recipe:
These pancakes are a great breakfast idea and will add variety to any diet.
What you need:
- One small forks of cauliflower.
- Finely grated cheese - one handful.
- Half a large sweet carrot - grate beforehand.
- Two eggs.
- Premium flour - 4 tablespoons.
- Salt, spices to taste.
How to cook:
- Parse color. cabbage into small inflorescences and boil in salted water for 5 minutes.
- Chop it finely, sprinkle with grated cheese, add carrots, salt and pepper. Stir to form pancakes.
- Fry in a pan with butter.
You can learn more about how to make cauliflower pancakes here.
We suggest making cauliflower pancakes according to the video recipe:
Cutlets, step by step recipe
A quick and tasty vegetarian side dish that goes well with many dishes.
- A kilogram of cauliflower.
- Adyghe cheese - 200-300 gr.
- Half a glass of semolina.
- Salt, spices - the taste.
- Flour - one handful.
- Prepare the vegetable as standard: rinse and boil in salted water for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Grind by hand, add finely grated cheese, stir.
- Add semolina, salt and spices.
You can use turmeric, garlic, curry, paprika, nutmeg and asafoetida, as well as ground black pepper.
Stir again and form patties.
- Now they can either be fried in a pan or baked in the oven.
Read about how to cook a variety of cauliflower cutlets in our article.
We offer to cook cauliflower cutlets according to the video recipe:
An original casserole that delights with ease of preparation and excellent taste.
- A pound of cauliflower.
- Two handfuls of grated cheese.
- Sour cream - 4 tablespoons.
- Three eggs.
- Spicy salt.
- Boil cabbage, previously divided into small inflorescences, in salted water for 5-7 minutes, but make sure that it is not overcooked. Cool down.
- Place the vegetable on a baking sheet.
- Mix eggs with spicy salt and sour cream, pour over cabbage with this mass.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese immediately or 5 minutes before cooking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180-200 degrees. You can cover with a lid until the filling hardens, then open and wait for ruddy.
In addition to the above options, it is always possible to add a variety of additional ingredients that will give the dish a new taste. For example, these products can be baked with cream, filling them with the main ingredients and adding a little sour cream to thicken the creamy sauce. It is also important to use mild spices that go well with a delicate creamy flavor.
Cabbage cheese pie will become spicy and rich if you add mushrooms to its filling. Sour cream will be relevant both as a sauce in which a cheese dish is directly cooked, and as a side dish: how delicious it is to dip hot sour cream in pleasantly cool sour cream, hot cutlets or pancakes in the heat of the heat!
Processed cheese, grated instead of the usual hard cheese, will make the dish even lighter and will be a great addition to casseroles and pie.
Beaten eggs with spices and salt are found in many cooking options. cauliflower with cheese, and they will give a special "zest" if you beat them for at least one minute - then everything will turn out to be truly airy.
The easiest recipe for preparing this dish with eggs is as follows: fry cauliflower divided into small inflorescences in a pan with butter and pour a couple of eggs on it, salt, pepper and stir until the eggs are ready (more information about the options for cooking cauliflower with eggs can be found here ).
We suggest making a cauliflower casserole according to the video recipe:
How to cook in the microwave?
- To do this, you need to disassemble the cauliflower into inflorescences, put it on a microwave plate, fill it with a little water and, covered with a lid, cook for 7 minutes at 800 watts.
- After the vegetable is cooked, cool it slightly, pour sour cream, add salt-pepper-seasonings, mix and put in the microwave again for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate the cheese and sprinkle the cabbage and sour cream from the microwave with one half of this cheese, mix and cook for another 3 minutes, and sprinkle the finished dish with the remaining half.
You can find out more nuances about how to cook cauliflower in the microwave here.
We offer to cook cauliflower in the microwave with cheese according to the video recipe:
Cauliflower and cheese dishes are best served hot, with milk-cream sauce, with fish, salads and cereals. Chopped nuts can be added to add an exotic flavor. Cauliflower with cheese is an ideal option for both a snack and a full-fledged second and first course. The beneficial properties of the vegetable, combined with a delicate crispy cheese crust or juicy filling, will please the whole family.